AbortionWiki is a project of ProLife Planet. It was inspired by the New Zealand website, "Exposing ALRANZ" which focused on the Abortion Law Reform Association of New Zealand. Abortion Wiki takes the vision further, with the aim of documenting all aspects of the abortion industry and abortion lobby, Worldwide.
AbortionWiki.org was launched on January 19, 2012. Its purpose is to serve as a comprehensive and impartial resource of all information relevant to beginning and end of life issues such as abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research.
AbortionWiki seeks to expose the abortion industry on an international scale. It will achieve this by making use of the powerful yet simple wiki software - the same software which powers Wikipedia.org. By connecting the dots between the various facets of the abortion industry and lobby, a clearer picture will be made visible.
AbortionWiki will be powerful because it is people-powered. Thousands of people around the world will have the opportunity to log in and contribute their local and specialized knowledge. The site will become a comprehensive and reliable turn-to reference point for all matters relating to abortion and other life issues. This will be achieved through stringent referencing and quality control, and by a network of moderators ensuring that only factual information is provided on the website.
Subjects covered will include abortionists, clinic workers, abortion methods, pro-choice groups, activists, the history of abortion, voting records of politicians, statistics and much more. Our research has shown that wiki-based websites are extremely search-engine friendly. If you are involved in the abortion industry, you can look forward to your very own article on AbortionWiki, there for your children and grandchildren to see in years to come.
AbortionWiki makes use of the power spoken of by Sir Francis Bacon by documenting the U.S. and international abortion industry and lobby on one wiki-based website. Applying Sun Tzu's insight to the abortion industry - how does the pro-life movement intend to shut it down unless it first gains an accurate understanding of how it works? Finally, the Apostle Paul's exhortation to "expose the unfruitful works of darkness" this is precisely our goal at AbortionWiki - exposing this industry which is so shrouded in secrecy.
- "Knowledge is power." - Sir Francis Bacon
- "Know thy enemy." - Sun Tzu
- "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them." - the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 5:11
- "The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness." - Bob Marley
- Andy Moore, Director
Click here for a list of contributors to the website.
The following have accepted unpaid positions on the advisory board of AbortionWiki. The Advisory Board is a group of up to twelve respected leaders in the pro-live movement. The board contributes through lending their advice and ideas to the project. Unless otherwise noted, affiliations for reference purposes only:
- Bryan Kemper, Stand True Christ Centered Pro-Life
- Charmaine Yoest, Americans United for Life
- Eoghan De Faoite, Youth Defence (Ireland)
- Eric Scheidler, Pro-Life Action League
- Jill Stanek, JillStanek.com
- Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life of America
- Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com
- Troy Newman, Pro-Life Nation
Who can edit?
AbortionWiki seeks to be an impartial reference site for all information relating to abortion and other life issues. We enforce stringent referencing on all statements made on this website. However AbortionWiki reserves the right to restrict editing privileges to those who commit to our high standard of quality control. This applies to those who identify themselves as either prolife or prochoice. Click here to apply for an account which will allow you to edit and add articles on AbortionWiki.
How to Edit AbortionWiki
Click here for the AbortionWiki Manual.
Below is a list of technical updates made to the AbortionWiki website:
- Installed ConfirmEdit extension to combat spam on talk (discussion) pages. The captcha box will only appear when an unregistered user attempts to create or edit a talk page. - Andy 23:43, 9 August 2012 (MST)
- ↑ StarStuddedSuperStep: Exposing the Abortion Law Reform Association of NZ, April 20, 2010 (accessed on July 22, 2012)