Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas/Dallas Annual Awards Luncheon
The Dallas Annual Awards Luncheon is an annual fundraiser hosted by Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas. The event raises an estimated $500,000 each year. Below is information on each of the events.
The 2010 Annual Awards Luncheon was held on February 26th at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas where luncheon Co-Chairs Suzanne McGee and Lizzie Routman welcomed more than 1,500 guests to hear a powerful keynote address by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Anna Quindlen. Award winners for 2010 included:
- Marguerite Hoffman — The Gertrude Shelburne Humanitarian Award
- Sarah Nagler — The Gertrude Shelburne Volunteer of the Year
- The Levine Academy — The Katherine Ripley Award for Education
- Robert Garrett — The Katherine Ripley Award for Journalism
The 2013 Dallas Annual Awards Luncheon was held on March 5, 2013, 12 - 1:30pm at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. The hotel is located at 2201 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207. Co-Chairs for the event were Debbie Andres and Nancy Carlson. The keynote speaker for the event was Christy Turlington Burns.
Burns has worked in the fashion industry since the 1980s. She has worked as a model, writer, entrepreneur, spokesperson, advocate, and filmmaker. In 2010, she debuted her documentary film, "No Woman, No Cry," about the global state of maternal health, at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City and launched Every Mother Counts, an advocacy and mobilization campaign to increase education and support for maternal mortality reduction globally. As at 2013, Burns was pursuing a master's in public health at Columbia University in New York City, where she lives with her husband, filmmaker Edward Burns, and their two children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: Dallas Special Events (accessed on Feb. 25, 2013)
- ↑ PPNT: Annual Report 2010
- ↑ Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: Annual Awards Luncheon Dallas (accessed on Feb. 25, 2013)